Mark A. Font
Mark A. Font is a senior consultant specially appointed by the Ohyan Law Firm. He is an AV-level lawyer evaluated by Martindale Hubbell. This is the highest rating among many lawyers in the United States and is a very honorable level.
He is currently a partner in the CKR Houston office. CKR is an international law firm with branches in North America, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Caribbean and the Middle East (https://www.ckrlaw.com/).
Mr. Font is an experienced trial and appeal lawyer with more than 30 years of experience in various matters, including international arbitration, commercial disputes in state and federal courts, and personal injury litigation, as well as client representation before government agencies. This experience enables Mr. Font to provide low-cost, efficient, and common-sense advice and solutions to your legal issues.
In addition, Mr. Font has appeared before local, state, and federal courts as well as international tribunals. During his career, he has successfully represented global corporations as well as individuals in a wide variety of litigation matters. Those experiences also allow Mr. Font to provide advice and guidance to clients in transactional matters which minimize risk and keep his clients out of litigation.
Prior to joining CKR, Mr. Font was associated with Bracewell, LLP and Schirrmeister Diaz-Arrastia Brem, LLP in Houston, Texas. Mr. Font also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Harris County, Texas, for 13 years and as a Briefing Attorney to Justice Samuel Houston Robertson of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals.
Professional licenses and certifications
- Texas Attorney
- Federal District Courts: District courts in the northern, eastern, southern and western regions of Texas, USA
- Court of Appeals: United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Juris Doctor from South Texas Law School
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas at Austin
Key areas of practice
- General business and business
- Real estate
- Bribery, corruption and the Anti-Corruption Act
- Corporate governance and shareholder litigation
- Breach of contract and commercial infringement
- International arbitration